The flexibility of Decision Explorer® allows it to support many mapping techniques for use both by a single user, and in group work (as a Group Decision Support System – GDSS). The supplied user guides give instructions on a specific mapping technique. However, it is not necessary to use this to achieve results – the most important factor is that your chosen technique is applied consistently.
Although mapping will not always give you instant answers, as the model of the issue is built up the key factors soon become apparent, and you can then explore the potential solutions. Decision Explorer® maps are not static pages, but dynamic views of a much larger model. You won’t reach the limits of any page size, and you can keep working with and adding to a model over time.
Key Analysis Functions
Decision Explorer® provides many facilities to help you analyse the maps that you build. They include:
- Band – Shows influences of a concept.
- Central – Finds concepts that have great influence.
- Cluster – Shows groups of closely linked concepts.
- Collapse – Reduces the model, maintaining links, to provide an overview.
- Domain – Shows concepts which have many links.
- Hieset – Shows hierarchy in a model.
- Loop – Locates loops of influence.
- Potent – Locates concepts that most influence outcomes.
- Focus – Reduces the model, removing links, to focus on an issue.
Decision Explorer® has a range of facilities to make it very user-friendly with better presentation of maps. The features include:
|Rapid entry mode
|Quickly enter a large number of concepts using the rapid entry mode.
|In addition to concept styles, Decision Explorer® adds link styles. This allows you add information and meaning to links using colour and thickness.
|You can now store background information against a concept, and launch applications via URL.
|Full control of the display scale
|You can choose a display scale from 10% through 200%, with easy keyboard control, or you can use fit-to-window mode.
|Now a coloured background shape can be used as well as font size and style. The style editor has been revamped too.
|Customisable toolbars provide another way to access the powerful facilities.
|Full screen mode
|Maximize your use of the screen.
|Tip of the day
|Useful hints that will help you use Decision Explorer® to its optimum. Well worth reading!
|You can now have more than four views and name them. Text views are stored on disk too.
When you purchase Decision Explorer® you will find: • easy copy and paste • quick creation of new models – no need to name it in advance; • you can now store commands you use frequently and access them via the toolbar or popup menu; • easy access to recently used models. There are many features designed to make Decision Explorer® an even better tool for mapping all your important decisions, problems and data.
Decision Explorer® will load and save Graphics COPE 2 files.
- Decision Explorer® software (web download)
- “User’s Guide” – a useful summary of the main features and commands, with excellent hints and tips. (Supplied as PDF, you can print it yourself, in part or whole if you require, or use the eBook version.)
- “Reference Manual” – a comprehensive technical guide. (Supplied as PDF/eBook.)
- Full context sensitive online help.
Decision Explorer® requires Windows 7 or later (Windows 7, Windows 8.x, Windows 10, Windows 11) on an Intel compatible processor (or suitable converter), a Mouse or touch input, and colour screen. An internet connection is required for downloading the installer. Previous operating systems may also work.